Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Thanks

Herbicide Thoughts for alfalfa

For the first time next year I will be planting my alfalfa in the spring. Always planted in Aug here in Central Indiana, but cannot have the new land in time, so spring it is. So, I figure on some weed pressure regardless of what I do and have been reading up on herbicides. Are Pursuit or Raptor what most folks are using? Other thoughts?

I am in Central Indiana. Going to ask my seed salesman, but thought I would see what folks are using with good luck and little alfalfa damage. Planting a good hybrid seed, but if I get weed pressure, which seems to be of a problem to spring planters around here, wanting to educate myself on options. Thanks.
    "You can't service a bad product but you can let a good product go because of bad service."

"If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid."

Thanks
    I'd go with a pre like Eptam and get control of the weeds early.Then if needed come back with Pursuit if needed.

Eptam is basically Treflan with a safener in it.Some have used Treflan here but its off label.

Pre's are cheap compared to post sprays.

Pursuit doesn't do sqwaut to waterhemp either.
    http://swmnhay.com For your hay supplies call Cy at 507-360-0251; Netwrap, Twine, Bale Film, Preservative and Seed

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SW MN Hay For This Useful Post:

Hoosier Hay Farm (08-25-2016)

Thanks
    Thanks...I hope I do not start seeing waterhemp....some guys and getting it heave in their crops this year...seeing it n some soybeans where Roundup just made it stronger
    "You can't service a bad product but you can let a good product go because of bad service."

"If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid."